I've been working on this quilt for about a year, but I must say that every step of the way was a joy - from the fabric selection, to the piecing and sewing, to the binding. There were several women in the quilting community who were a tremendous help to me as they shared their quilting knowledge whenever I had a question.
I've decided that quiting could easily become a passion for me. I don't think I'll go overboard and eat, drink and sleep quilt projects 24/7. But I do love to sew and create things, weather it be by machine or by hand. It truly brings me joy and gives me a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment (when the project turns out right.) I already have a pattern in mind for my next quilt, which will go on our bed to complete the redecoration of our master bedroom. It might not be finished for another year or two, but that's OK. It will eventually get done - one quilt block at a time.
6 comments:
Wow, mom. That is incredible! Great job.
It looks beautiful Mom, and I'm glad you've found something that brings you so much joy and fulfillment. Good luck on your next project!
Nice work!
looks good mom, I like green, and the wizard of oz
Great job, Mom. Dibs to sleep on that bed first. And don't tell me it's a decoration bed.
Wow, that is an amazing quilt!
Post a Comment