Sunday, May 24, 2009

Audrey's Quirks

So, Audrey has a few quirks, just like every other kid. She likes to rock and she likes to bang her head on stuff. When she is sitting in her high chair, she rocks back and forth, which moves the chair back until it hits the wall. When she is sitting on the couch, she rocks back and forth and bounces of the back cushion. When she is in her bed but not asleep, she will sit there and bang her head against the bottom of her bed.
I've always been a little worried about these behaviors. "Are these normal behaviors?" But we happened upon a passage in our What To Expect book that put my mind at ease. The comforting behaviors of rocking and head banging are not uncommon, are not harmful, and should disappear by themselves by about age 3. The book goes on to say that these behaviors are exhibited by "intense children." Well, there you have it. Anyone who has spent time around Audrey knows that she is an intense kid!

4 comments:

molly strong said...

I concur, Audrey IS in intense child, and I will venture to add dang cute

Pops said...

i thought Eric was the only head banger in the fam ~ after all, he hung around with thurmdawg for a while!...unca dale

Erik said...

I like this. Keep on rockin', Audrey!

Amy E. said...

Maybe it is hereditary. I remember Mark and Dale doing that all the time when they were little.